3.4. Additional Resources
- make(1) — The manual page for the
makeutility provides information on its usage. To display the manual page for the version included in Red Hat Developer Toolset, type:
scl enable devtoolset-6 'man make'
- The full make manual, which includes detailed information about Makefile syntax, is also available in the Texinfo format. To display the info manual for the version included in Red Hat Developer Toolset, type:
scl enable devtoolset-6 'info make'
- GNU make — The official GNU make manual provides an in-depth description of the GNU make utility, Makefile syntax, and their usage.
- Chapter 1, Red Hat Developer Toolset provides an overview of Red Hat Developer Toolset and more information on how to install it on your system.
- Chapter 2, GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) explains how to use the GNU Compiler Collection, a portable compiler suite with support for a wide selection of programming languages.
- Chapter 4, binutils explains how to use the binutils, a collection of binary tools to inspect and manipulate object files and binaries.
- Chapter 5, elfutils explains how to use elfutils, a collection of binary tools to inspect and manipulate ELF files.
- Chapter 6, dwz explains how to use dwz to optimize DWARF debugging information contained in ELF shared libraries and ELF executables for size.
- Chapter 7, GNU Debugger (GDB) provides information on how to debug programs written in C, C++, and Fortran.