7.9. Additional Resources
A detailed description of the GNU Debugger and all its features is beyond the scope of this book. For more information, see the resources listed below.
- GDB Documentation — The official GDB documentation includes the GDB User Manual and other reference material.
- Chapter 1, Red Hat Developer Toolset provides an overview of Red Hat Developer Toolset and more information on how to install it on your system.
- Chapter 2, GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) provides further information on how to compile programs written in C, C++, and Fortran.
- Chapter 8, strace documents how to use the strace utility to monitor system calls that a program uses and signals it receives.
- Chapter 10, memstomp documents how to use the memstomp utility to identify calls to library functions with overlapping memory regions that are not allowed by various standards.