A.8. Changes in SystemTap
Red Hat Developer Toolset 6.0 is distributed with SystemTap 3.0, which provides a number of bug fixes and feature enhancements over the version included in the previous release of Red Hat Developer Toolset. Below is a list of new features in this release.
A.8.1. Changes Since Red Hat Developer Toolset 4.1
The following main features have been added since the release of SystemTap included in Red Hat Developer Toolset 4.1:
- Experimental monitor and interactive modes.
- Optimized associative arrays.
- Two types of function overloading.
- Probe point brace-pattern expansion.
- Security band-aid samples.
- Improved string quoting and escaping.
- Pretty printing of array aggregates.
- Private scoping for variables.
Incompatibility problems with old scripts can be resolved using the backward-compatibility option,
--compatible version, where version is the version of SystemTap for which the script was written.