A.10. Changes in Valgrind
A.10.1. Changes Since Red Hat Developer Toolset 4.1
- Added meta mempool support for describing a custom allocator. This feature:
- Automatically frees all chunks assuming that destroying a pool destroys all objects in the pool.
- Uses itself to allocate other memory blocks.
- The maximum number of callers in a suppression entry is now equal to the maximum size for the
--num-callersoption (500). Note that setting the
--gen-suppressions=yes|alloption similarly generates suppression containing up to
- The gdbserver provided by Valgrind now accepts the
- JIT has been improved to lower the cost of instrumenting code blocks for the most common use case (AMD64 and Intel 64 with Memcheck). The cost has been reduced by 10-15%.
- Limited support has been added for certain AMD64 FMA4 instructions.
- Support for the following architectures has been added:
- 64-bit ARM (AArch64)
- IBM System z9