A.6. Changes in OProfile
A.6.1. Changes Since Red Hat Developer Toolset 4.1
- Support has been added for the following processors:
- IBM z13 (only the
- Applied Micro X-Gene
- Event lists for IBM POWER8 processors have been updated.
- Support has been added for the following Intel processors:
- 2nd Generation Intel Atom (Goldmont)
- 6th Generation Intel Core, CPUID model 0x55 (Skylake)
- 7th Generation Intel Core (Kaby Lake)
- The search logic has been corrected to properly store data in an archive and make use of the archive data.
operfnow only starts the command to be measured if the performance monitoring hardware is properly set up. This fixes a bug that caused
operfto start the command that is to be measured regardless of whether the performance monitoring set up was successful.