Chapter 16. Contacting Global Support Services
16.1. Gathering Required Information
- Hardware type, make, and model on which the product runs
- Software version
- Latest upgrades
- Any recent changes to the system
- An explanation of the problem and the symptoms
- Any messages or significant information about the issue
Account and Contact Information
- Red Hat customer number or Red Hat Network (RHN) login name
- Company name
- Contact name
- Preferred method of contact (phone or email) and contact information (phone number or email address)
- Severity 1 (urgent)
- A problem that severely impacts your use of the software for production purposes. It halts your business operations and has no procedural workaround.
- Severity 2 (high)
- A problem where the software is functioning, but production is severely reduced. It causes a high impact to business operations, and no workaround exists.
- Severity 3 (medium)
- A problem that involves partial, non-critical loss of the use of the software. There is a medium to low impact on your business, and business continues to function by utilizing a workaround.
- Severity 4 (low)
- A general usage question, report of a documentation error, or a recommendation for a future product improvement.