Show Table of Contents
8.3. Additional Resources
A detailed description of strace and its features is beyond the scope of this book. For more information, see the resources listed below.
- strace(1) — The manual page for the
straceutility provides detailed information about its usage. To display the manual page for the version included in Red Hat Developer Toolset, type:
scl enable devtoolset-4 'man strace'
- Chapter 1, Red Hat Developer Toolset provides an overview of Red Hat Developer Toolset and more information on how to install it on your system.
- Chapter 9, ltrace provides information on how to trace program library calls using the ltrace tool.
- Chapter 7, GNU Debugger (GDB) provides information on how to debug programs written in C, C++, and Fortran.
- Chapter 10, memstomp documents how to use the memstomp utility to identify calls to library functions with overlapping memory regions that are not allowed by various standards.