Show Table of Contents
9.3. Additional Resources
A detailed description of ltrace and its features is beyond the scope of this book. For more information, see the resources listed below.
- ltrace(1) — The manual page for the
ltraceutility provides detailed information about its usage. To display the manual page for the version included in Red Hat Developer Toolset, type:
scl enable devtoolset-4 'man ltrace'
- ltrace for RHEL 6 and 7 — This article on the Red Hat Developer Blog offers additional in-depth information (including practical examples) on how to use ltrace for application debugging.
- Chapter 1, Red Hat Developer Toolset provides an overview of Red Hat Developer Toolset and more information on how to install it on your system.
- Chapter 8, strace provides information on how to trace program system calls using the strace tool.
- Chapter 7, GNU Debugger (GDB) provides information on how to debug programs written in C, C++, and Fortran.
- Chapter 10, memstomp documents how to use the memstomp utility to identify calls to library functions with overlapping memory regions that are not allowed by various standards.