B.5. Changes in SystemTap
Red Hat Developer Toolset 4.1 is distributed with SystemTap 2.9, which provides a number of bug fixes and feature enhancements over the version included in the previous release of Red Hat Developer Toolset. Below is a list of new features in this release.
B.5.1. Changes Since Red Hat Developer Toolset 4.0
The following features have been added since the release of SystemTap included in Red Hat Developer Toolset 4.0:
- The manual pages have been improved and are now more complete.
- The support for kernel backtraces without debuginfo has been improved.
- Debuginfo-related diagnostics have been improved.
- The amount of memory used by the translator has been reduced.
- Code generated by the tool now performs better.
Incompatibility problems with old scripts can be resolved using the backward-compatibility option,
--compatible version, where version is the version of SystemTap for which the script was written.