A.9. Changes in SystemTap
Red Hat Developer Toolset 4.0 is distributed with SystemTap 2.8, which provides a number of bug fixes and feature enhancements over the version included in the previous release of Red Hat Developer Toolset. Below is a list of new features in this release.
A.9.1. Changes Since Red Hat Developer Toolset 3.1
The following features have been added since the release of SystemTap included in Red Hat Developer Toolset 3.1:
- Documentation has been improved, including manual pages and cross references.
- Diagnostics have been improved. The output is now colorized.
- Namespace-aware identifier lookup functions have been added to the
- Golang support has been improved.
- String passing has been optimized.
- Functions in the
tapsetlibrary now support address-to-file:line mapping.
- System-call probes in the
tapsethave been improved, especially the non-DWARF
Incompatibility problems with old scripts can be resolved using the backward-compatibility option,
--compatible version, where version is the version of SystemTap for which the script was written.