Chapter 1. About Red Hat Decision Manager
Red Hat Decision Manager is an open source decision management platform that combines business rules management, complex event processing, Decision Model & Notation (DMN) execution, and Business Optimizer for solving planning problems. It automates business decisions and makes that logic available to the entire business.
Business assets such as rules, decision tables, and DMN models are organized in projects and stored in the Business Central repository. This ensures consistency, transparency, and the ability to audit across the business. Business users can modify business logic without requiring assistance from IT personnel.
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (Red Hat JBoss EAP) 7.2 is a certified implementation of the Java Enterprise Edition 8 (Java EE 8) full and web profile specifications. Red Hat JBoss EAP provides preconfigured options for features such as high availability, clustering, messaging, and distributed caching. It also enables users to write, deploy, and run applications using the various APIs and services that Red Hat JBoss EAP provides.
The instructions in this document explain how to install Red Hat Decision Manager in a Red Hat JBoss EAP 7.2 server instance.
For instructions on how to install Red Hat Decision Manager in other environments, see the following documents:
- Installing and configuring Decision Server on IBM WebSphere Application Server
- Installing and configuring Decision Server on Oracle WebLogic Server
- Deploying a Red Hat Decision Manager immutable server environment on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Deploying a Red Hat Decision Manager authoring or managed server environment on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Deploying a Red Hat Decision Manager environment on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform using Operators
For information about supported components, see the following documents: