Chapter 4. Installing Red Hat Decision Manager runtime environments
In order to create Red Hat Decision Manager projects in Red Hat Developer Studio, it is necessary to install the Red Hat Decision Manager runtime environment.
A runtime environment is a collection of JAR files that represent a specific release of the software and includes the required libraries for compiling and running your business asset.
Red Hat Developer Studio is installed.
Download the decision engine:
- Log in to the Red Hat Customer Portal.
- Click DOWNLOADS at the top of the page.
- On the Product Downloads page that opens, navigate to the JBOSS DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT section, and click Red Hat Decision Manager.
On the Software Downloads page, download Red Hat Decision Manager 7.2.0 Add-Ons (
rhdm-7.2.0-add-ons.zipand then extract the Drools runtime environment JAR files located in
- From the Red Hat Developer Studio menu, click Window → Preferences.
- Click Drools → Installed Drools Runtimes, and then click Add.
- In the name field, enter a name for the new runtime environment.
- Click Browse and navigate to the directory where you extracted the runtime environment files.
- Click OK to register the selected runtime environment in Red Hat Developer Studio.
- To set the runtime environment as the default Drools run time, select the check box beside the runtime environment name.
- Click Apply and Close. If you have existing projects, you are prompted to restart Red Hat Developer Studio to update the runtime environment.