3.2. Batching and the Java Transaction API (JTA)
- Locks acquired during an invocation are retained until the transaction commits or rolls back.
- All changes are replicated in a batch on all nodes in the cluster as part of the transaction commit process. Ensuring that multiple changes occur within the single transaction, the replication traffic remains lower and improves performance.
- When using synchronous replication or invalidation, a replication or invalidation failure causes the transaction to roll back.
- When a cache is transactional and a cache loader is present, the cache loader is not enlisted in the cache's transaction. This results in potential inconsistencies at the cache loader level when the transaction applies the in-memory state but (partially) fails to apply the changes to the store.
- All configurations related to a transaction apply for batching as well.