Chapter 5. Frequently asked questions
- Is it possible to deploy applications to an OpenShift cluster from CodeReady Workspaces?
Yes. The user must log in to the OpenShift cluster from their running workspace using
- For best performance, what is the recommended storage to use for Persistent Volumes used with CodeReady Workspaces?
- Use block storage.
- Is it possible to deploy more than one CodeReady Workspaces instance on the same cluster?
- It is not recommended. This feature is subject to removal in a future release.
- Is it possible to install CodeReady Workspaces offline (that is, disconnected from the internet)?
- Yes. See Installing CodeReady Workspaces in restricted environments.
- Is it possible to use non-default certificates with CodeReady Workspaces?
- Yes, you can use self-signed or public certificates. See Installing CodeReady Workspaces on OpenShift Container Platform 3.11.
- Is it possible to run multiple workspaces simultaneously?
- Yes. See Configuring the number of workspaces a user can run.
- What specific changes have been implemented for IBM Power Systems?
The memory limit for some plug-ins has been increased, to give Pods sufficient RAM to run.
Table 5.1. Example memory limits differences between IBM Power System and other architectures
Plug-in IBM Power System Other architectures