Highlighted features in 12.21.3
Making open source more inclusive
Red Hat is committed to replacing problematic language in our code, documentation, and web properties. We are beginning with these four terms: master, slave, blacklist, and whitelist. Because of the enormity of this endeavor, these changes will be implemented gradually over several upcoming releases. For more details, see our CTO Chris Wright’s message.
Chapter 1. About this release
Red Hat CodeReady Studio 12.21.3 is an update of Red Hat CodeReady Studio 12.21.
The following chapters describe improvements and additions implemented in Red Hat CodeReady Studio 12.21.3 and documents known problems in this release, as well as notable bug fixes, Technology Previews, deprecated functionality, and other details.
CodeReady Studio 12.21.3 is available from a number of sources. For more information on how to set up CodeReady Studio, see the Installation guide.
For more information about operating systems, chip architectures, and Java Development Kits (JDK) supported by this release, see the Supported Configurations and Components page.
Chapter 2. Enhancements
CodeReady Studio now works with Red Hat JBoss Wildfly 26.
For more information, see the WildFly Homepage.
- JBIDE-28080: JBoss tools can now run on top of a Java 17 virtual machine.
- CodeReady Studio now supports JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7.4.
- JBIDE-27970: CodeReady Studio now supports Tycho 2.5.0.
- JBIDE-28294, JBIDE-28205: You can now download the latest CRC and Wildfly Server 26 runtimes.
- JBIDE-28254 CodeReady Studio now embeds Apache Log4j 2.17.1.
- JBIDE-28254, JBIDE-28241, JBIDE-28219: CVE-2021-44228, CVE-2021-45046, CVE-2021-45105, CVE-2021-44832 have been fixed.
- JBIDE-27973: The New Quarkus project wizard now contains a field for stream selection.
- JBIDE-28098: Quarkus now collects telemetry data, if you agree.
- Hibernate enhancements in CodeReady Studio:
|Hibernate runtime provider|Hibernate|Hibernate tools|Release Notes ** The Hibernate 6.0 (Preview) runtime provider contains Hibernate 6.0.0Beta2 and Hibernate Tools 6.0.0Beta2.
+ For further information, see the Hibernate ORM 6.0.0.Beta2 Release Notes.
The Hibernate 5.6 runtime provider now contains Hibernate Core version 5.6.3.Final and Hibernate Tools version 5.6.3.Final.
For further information, see the Hibernate ORM 5.6.3.Final Release Notes.
The Hibernate 5.5 runtime provider now contains Hibernate Core version 5.5.9.Final and Hibernate Tools version 5.5.9.Final.
For further information, see the Hibernate ORM 5.5.9.Final Release Notes.
The Hibernate 5.4 runtime provider now contains Hibernate Core version 5.4.33.Final and Hibernate Tools version 5.4.33.Final.
For further information, see the Hibernate ORM 5.4.33.Final Release Notes.
The Hibernate 5.3 runtime provider now contains Hibernate Core version 5.3.25.Final and Hibernate Tools version 5.3.25.Final.
For further information, see the Hibernate ORM 5.3.25.Final Release Notes.
The Hibernate 5.3 runtime provider now contains Hibernate Core version 5.2.13.Final and Hibernate Tools version 5.2.13.Final.
For further information, see the Hibernate ORM 5.2.13.Final Release Notes.
The Hibernate 5.3 runtime provider now contains Hibernate Core version 5.1.12.Final and Hibernate Tools version 5.1.12.Final.
For further information, see the Hibernate ORM 5.1.12.Final Release Notes.
The Hibernate 5.0 runtime provider now contains Hibernate Core version 5.0.7.Final and Hibernate Tools version 5.0.7.Final.
For further information, see the Hibernate ORM 5.0.7.Final Release Notes.
OpenShift Enhancements in CodeReady Studio:
JBIDE-28177: OpenShift tools are now based on
- JBIDE-28177: OpenShift tools are now based on
Chapter 3. Bug fixes
- To view information about resolved issues in this release of CodeReady Studio, see Resolved Issues.
Chapter 4. Deprecated functionality
Chapter 5. Known issues
To view information about known issues in this release of CodeReady Studio, see Known Issues.
The following known issues are highlighted:
Quarkus known issues in CodeReady Studio:
- JBIDE-28203: Code generation phase fails when running a Quarkus project.
Red Hat Central known issues in CodeReady Studio:
- JBIDE-28244: In early access mode CodeReady Studio fails to install Red Hat Application Migration Toolkit (AMT) while installing all components from Red Hat Central.
JDK known issues in CodeReady Studio:
JBDS-5042: Java 17 installer can result in error message
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.izforge.izpack.installer.InstallerFrame to field sun.awt.X11.XToolkit.awtAppClassName.
To work around this issue, run the
--add-opensoption during the installation:
java --add-opens java.desktop/sun.awt.X11=ALL-UNNAMED -jar codereadystudio-latest-installer-standalone.jar
Server/JMX tools known issues in CodeReady Studio:
Target platform, installer, and other known issues in CodeReady Studio:
JBIDE-27605: Conflicting dependency when updating from bring your own Eclipse (BYOE) 2020-09 with JBT 4.17.0.Final to JBT 4.18.0.Final.
To work around this issue, click Help → Install New Software, select the Jbosstools stable update site, and select both Jakarta RESTful Web Services and Jakarta Enterprise Web Services. Both feaures will be updated.
Preferences → Install/Update → Available Softwareand disable the latest Eclipse release. As a result, Eclipse 2020.12 is installed.
- JBDS-5060: Bring your own Eclipse (BYOE) 2020-09 with JBT 4.21.0.Final can’t be updated to JBT 4.21.1.Final.
- JBDS-4818: The CRS installer is not signed for MacOS.
- JBIDE-26118: Unable to create Jakarka Server Faces composite component from current selected source.
OpenShift known issues in CodeReady Studio:
JBIDE-28288: OpenShift application explorer results in
Error: cannot attach the debugger: timeoutmessage when debugging NodeJS applications.
- JBIDE-28224: Creating an OpenShift application component for a rest-http Java application results in a NullPointerException.
JBIDE-27741: CRC does not start properly and results in error message
Unable to execute request to request url https://api.crc.testing:6443/.well-known/oauth-authorization-server.
- JBIDE-28288: OpenShift application explorer results in
Webservices known issues in CodeReady Studio:
JBIDE-27743: Unable to create Web Service client from
wsdldefinition using Wildfly 22 and Apache CXF 3.3.5+.
To work around this issue, use Apache Axis or JBossWS instead of CXF runtime to continue your service client definition.
Alternatively, update and export the order of your source folder so that your source folder appears first. To do so, use the following path:
Dyn. Web Project → Properties → Java Build Path → Order.
- JBIDE-27744: WS Tester does not allow POST request due to low size of DH key.
JBIDE-27781: NPE occurs during deletion of Dynamic Web Project with generated
JBIDE-27842: WS Tester Jakarta Enterprise Web Services invocation for local
wsdlresults in error message
Provider org.apache.axis2.jaxws.spi.Provider not found.
Fuse Integration Project known issues in CodeReady Studio:
- FUSETOOLS-3337: Unable to deploy Fuse project with DataTransformation to Fuse on Karaf 7.x runtime.
FUSETOOLS-3373: Fuse Integration Project created with an error for Camel Fuse 7.2 and 7.1.
To work around this issue, add the following lines to the
jakarta.xml.bind-apifile to define the jakarta version:
<dependency> <groupId>jakarta.xml.bind</groupId> <artifactId>jakarta.xml.bind-api</artifactId> <version>2.3.3</version> </dependency>
The latest available version is 2.3.3. For further information on the latest version, see Maven Repository: Jakarta XML Binding API.