Chapter 1. Minimal requirements
CodeReady Studio 12.16 is compatible with a range of operating systems, architectures, and Java Development Kit combinations. For a complete list, see Supported Configurations and Components.
2 GB RAM
- 4 GB RAM is strongly recommended.
- 2 GB hard disk space
- Red Hat OpenJDK is strongly recommended.
Operating system requirements
For Linux (x86_64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 or 8
- Fedora 31 or 32
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS or 19.10
For Windows (x86_64)
- Microsoft Windows 8 or 10
For macOS (x86_64)
- Catalina (10.15) or Mojave (10.14)
On Windows, to make the CodeReady Studio instance available to all users install it in a folder accessible to all users (
C:\codereadystudio). If the main installation folder is not writable by a given user, any newly installed features and updates get saved inside the home directory of the user.