Chapter 1. Introduction
Red Hat CloudForms Management Engine (CFME) delivers the insight, control, and automation enterprises need to address the challenges of managing virtual environments, which are far more complex than physical ones. This technology enables enterprises with existing virtual infrastructures to improve visibility and control, and those just starting virtualization deployments to build and operate a well-managed virtual infrastructure.
Red Hat CloudForms 5.0 is comprised of a single component, the CloudForms Management Engine. It has the following feature sets:
- Insight: Discovery, Monitoring, Utilization, Performance, Reporting, Analytics, Chargeback, and Trending.
- Control: Security, Compliance, Alerting, Policy-Based Resource and Configuration Management.
- Automate: IT Process, Task and Event, Provisioning, Workload Management and Orchestration.
- Integrate: Systems Management, Tools and Processes, Event Consoles, CMDB, RBA, and Web Services.
1.1. Getting Support
If you experience difficulty with a procedure described in this documentation, visit the Red Hat Customer Portal at http://access.redhat.com. Through the customer portal, you can:
- Search or browse through a knowledgebase of technical support articles about Red Hat products
- Submit a support case to Red Hat Global Support Services (GSS)
- Access other product documentation
Red Hat also hosts a large number of electronic mailing lists for discussion of Red Hat software and technology. You can find a list of publicly available mailing lists at https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo. Click on the name of any mailing list to subscribe to that list or to access the list archives.
1.2. Red Hat CloudForms Life Cycle
For an overview of the life cycle phases for Red Hat CloudForms and the status of support for this product, see Red Hat Cloudforms Life Cycle.