Chapter 8. Availability Zones
An availability zone is a provider-specific method of grouping cloud instances and services. Red Hat CloudForms uses Amazon EC2 regions, OpenStack Nova zones, and Google Compute Engine regions as availability zones.
8.1. Viewing an Availability Zone
You can click on an availability zone to view its details. The screen provides you with an availability zone accordion and an availability zone summary page.
- You can choose between graphical or text view of the datastore summary.
- Use the availability zone accordion to view the Properties of the zone and its Relationships to other cloud resources.
- Use the availability zone summary to see details on Relationships (Cloud Provider, Instances) and Smart Management (Company Tags).
8.2. Viewing Availability Zone Relationships
Use the availability zone accordion’s Relationship section to see items related to an availability zone.
- Navigate to → → .
- Click the availability zone to view the configuration.
- From the availability zone accordion, click Relationships.
- Click the type of resource relationship to view as a list.