Chapter 1. Introduction to Authentication in CloudForms
Red Hat CloudForms provides several methods to authenticate users. Authentication can be configured from CloudForms using the local database, or CloudForms can use protocols such as LDAP and SAML to connect to a pre-configured authentication system such as Red Hat Identity Management (IdM), Red Hat Single Sign-On (SSO), Active Directory (AD), or AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) to use existing user accounts and groups.
This guide provides instructions to configure authentication management in your CloudForms environment as an administrative user.
After completing the setup of an authentication system, users can log in with their credentials.
For further information on managing users, groups, and account roles, see Access Control in General Configuration.
1.1. Configuring Authentication Settings in CloudForms
As the admin user, configure your authentication method from the Authentication tab in the Configuration menu.
To change authentication settings:
- From the settings menu, select Configuration.
- Select your server in the Settings accordion.
- Select the Authentication tab.
- Use Session Timeout to set the period of inactivity before a user is logged out of the console.
Set the authentication method in Mode from the following methods:
- To configure authentication locally using the Virtual Management Database (VMDB), choose Database. This is the default method. See Creating a User in General Configuration to create users from CloudForms.
- To configure LDAP-based authentication to use with IdM or Active Directory, choose LDAP or LDAPS, see Chapter 2, Configuring LDAP Authentication with IdM and Active Directory for configuration steps.
- To configure Amazon AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) authentication, choose Amazon, see Chapter 3, Configuring AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Authentication for configuration steps.
- To configure federated authentication to use with IdM or Red Hat Single Sign-On (SSO), choose External (httpd) and follow the steps for your authentication method in Chapter 4, Configuring Identity Management (External Authentication) with CloudForms.