Chapter 5. Assigning the Policy Profile to a Virtual Machine
Assign the policy profile you created in Chapter 4, Creating a Policy Profile and Assigning the Virtual Machine Control Policy to a virtual machine, and initiate SmartState analysis.
Policy profiles can be specified at multiple levels. If you assign a policy profile to a provider (Amazon EC2 or OpenStack for example), the profile will apply to all hosts or virtual machines for that provider.
- Navigate to → → or → → . Select the virtual machine or instance.
- Click (Policy), then (Manage Policies).
- Under Select Policy Profiles, select the policy profile created in Chapter 4, Creating a Policy Profile and Assigning the Virtual Machine Control Policy. It will turn blue to show the selection. Click the triangle next to the policy profile to see its member policies.
- Click Save.
- Click (Configuration), then (Perform SmartState Analysis). A pop-up window appears to confirm the action.
- Click OK. SmartState analysis is initiated for the selected virtual machine or instance from the CloudForms database.
SmartState analysis will now report back findings specified by the custom virtual machine analysis profile.