Chapter 3. Navigating the Self Service User Interface
The Self Service user interface has a slideout navigation menu on the left that can be minimized by clicking the menu icon (≡), like in the full administrative user interface. The slideout navigation menu comprises of the following tabs:
- My Services
- Service Catalogs
The menu bar that runs along the top of the user interface contains several options including a shopping cart, notifications feature, full administrative user interface option, and a help option. Besides that, you can see the current logged in LDAP user, for example, Administrator.
- Shopping Cart
- Click the shopping cart icon to view services that are available to order, manage your cart as required, and order all services at one time. You can read more about the shopping cart model adopted in the Self Service user interface under Chapter 7, The Service Catalog Tab.
- The Self Service user interface has introduced a new notifications feature that displays messages generated by the system for various events, such adding services to the shopping cart, ordering services, provisioning, service power operations, and so on. Click the bell icon to open or close the Notifications drawer, which shows various notification events. You can click the double arrows ( ) located on the upper-left of the Notifications drawer to expand or contract the size of the Notifications screen as required.
- Administration User Interface Link
- Clicking the menu icon ( ) shows the Administration UI link, which when clicked, takes you to the full administrative user interface login page in a new window or tab of your web browser.
- Click the help icon to access the options to open Documentation, Red Hat Customer Portal, and About. Click About to see information about your Self Service environment, such as the logged in user name and role, the browser details, and more importantly, the version number of your Self Service user interface, which can be useful for support purposes.
- Role-Based Access Control
- The Self Service user interface supports role-based access control of menus and features. If you are a member of multiple user groups, you can change the acting group by navigating to Administrator > Change Group, then select the new group from the available options in the list.
- Switch Language
- Although you can choose your preferred language for the user interface from the login screen itself, there is also an option to switch to a different language than what is currently set by navigating to Administrator > Switch Language within the Self Service user interface.