Chapter 4. Usage
Usage provides a targeted view of CPU, RAM, disk space, disk I/O, and network I/O for tagged virtual machines. This allows you to find which virtual machines are using or overusing resources.
There are two requirements to use this feature:
- You must assign tags to the virtual machines that you want to collect usage data for. See Tagging Virtual Machines and Templates in Managing Infrastructure and Inventory.
- Capacity and utilization collection must be enabled. For more information on configuring capacity and utilization charts, see Capacity Planning in the Deployment Planning Guide.
4.1. Accessing Usage Data
- Navigate to → .
In the Options area, select a Date. More choices will display.
- From Period, select either Day or Hour. If you select Hour, you will be prompted for which hour in UTC time.
- From Category, select the category for the tag.
- From Entry, select the tag from within the category that you want usage data for.