Chapter 3. Technology Preview
The following enhancements are available with this release of Red Hat CloudForms as technology preview only.
For more information on the support scope for features marked as technology previews, see Technology Preview Features Support Scope
- Integration with ServiceNow CMDB
- You can integrate Red Hat CloudForms into ServiceNow to enable authentication with an existing ServiceNow database and add/amend items in the ServiceNow database during state machine processing, such as the virtual machine provisioning state machine.
- Red Hat Access Insights Plug-In
- With this release, users can now access Red Hat Access Insights directly from the Red Hat CloudForms appliance web user interface. Red Hat Access Insights is an automated service that provides information that helps users to rapidly identify key issues in their Red Hat CloudForms deployment.
- CloudForms Container Image
Red Hat CloudForms is available as a container image in docker format from https://registry.access.redhat.com. With the new CloudForms container you can now host CloudForms on:
- Red Hat Atomic Host (7.2 or higher)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (7.2 or higher)
- Anywhere using docker
- Google Compute Engine Providers
Red Hat CloudForms now supports adding Google Compute Engine (GCE) as a cloud provider, with the following capabilities:
- Basic inventory
- Power operations (stop, start, terminate)
- Limited provisioning