4.5. Signing Files with Certificates
http://server.example.com/data/myFile.txt, or it can be the full path to a file on the local system, such as
Figure 4.1. File-Signing Profile
- (Name) is the optional requestor name.
- (Text) is the (optional) information given in the Text Being Signed field. The subject DN does not contain the filename or location. That information can either be stored independently or the Text Being Signed input can be used to enter descriptive information, such as the filename or a description of the file content, which can be used to identify the signed file.
- (Size) is the size of the signed file.
- (DigestType) is the algorithm used to generate the file hash.
- (Digest) is the generated hash or digest for the file.
Subject:CN=(Name)John Smith(Text)Signed text: myFile.txt(Size)5833(DigestType)SHA256(Digest)79aaf14442ab811ace123d9d6917c055636475fbd2b7d921e730fd25d9d3f760
sha256sum /home/jsmith/files/myFile.txt 79aaf14442ab811ace123d9d6917c055636475fbd2b7d921e730fd25d9d3f760 myFile.txt