Appendix A. Error Code Definitions for ceph-medic
ceph-medic utility displays an error code and message for any failing checks. These error codes are a warning or an error and apply to common issues specific to the Ceph daemons. The error codes start with E and warning codes start with W.
Common Error Messages
A Ceph configuration file can not be found at
cephexecutable was not found.
/var/lib/ceph/directory does not exist or could not be accessed.
/var/lib/ceph/directory is not owned by the
fsidin the Ceph configuration is different between the nodes in the storage cluster.
- The installed version of Ceph is different than the nodes in the storage cluster.
- The installed version of Ceph is different than that of the running socket.
fsidwas not found in the Ceph configuration.
- Cluster FSIDs from running sockets is different than the nodes in the storage cluster.
- There are multiple running monitors.
Monitor Error Messages
- The secret key used in the keyring is different between the nodes in the storage cluster.
Monitor Warning Messages
- Multiple Monitor directories are found on the same node.
- Collocated OSDs where found on the Monitors nodes.
OSD Warning Messages
ceph_fsidvalues where found in the