Chapter 7. September 2021 release
7.1. Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform 1.2.5
Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform simplifies the development and operation of automation workloads for managing enterprise application infrastructure lifecycles. It works across multiple IT domains including operations, networking, security, and development, as well as across diverse hybrid environments. Simple to adopt, use, and understand, Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform provides the tools needed to rapidly implement enterprise-wide automation, no matter where you are in your automation journey.
7.2. Ansible Tower 3.8.4
Ansible Tower helps teams centralize and control your IT infrastructure with a visual dashboard, role-based access control, job scheduling, integrated notifications and graphical inventory management. Easily embed Ansible Automation into existing tools and processes with REST API and CLI.
- Running inventories of ~60k hosts no longer takes a very long time for events to show up
artifact_datafrom data sent to analytics as part of
artifact_datacan contain PII or sensitive data
- Updated Django version to 2.2.20
- Regular users are no longer experiencing longer load times than a superuser when clicking to edit a job template
- Updated password validation support to allow modifying password complexity requirements using some Django configurations
Fixed AWS inventory tags filtering to support the
- Fixed a python-urllib3 vulnerability (CVE-2021-33503)
See Ansible Tower Release Notes v3.8.4 for a full list of new features and enhancements.
7.3. Automation Hub 4.2.6
Automation Hub allows you to discover and utilize new certified automation content from Red Hat Ansible and Certified Partners. On Ansible Automation Hub, you can discover and manage Ansible Collections which is supported automation content developed by both partners and Red Hat for use cases such as cloud automation, network automation, security automation, and more.
Automation Hub bug fixes
- Implemented filters for state and keywords on imports API
- Create 'inbound-namespaces' whenever a namespace is created