Chapter 10. May 2021 release
10.1. Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform 1.2.3
The latest version of Red Hat Automation Platform includes the following:
10.1.1. Ansible Tower 3.8.3
Ansible Tower helps teams centralize and control your IT infrastructure with a visual dashboard, role-based access control, job scheduling, integrated notifications and graphical inventory management. Easily embed Ansible Automation into existing tools and processes with REST API and CLI.
- Analytics collection no longer cause lost job events when Tower is under load
- Analytics collection now handles null characters in job event output
- Pending jobs in /api/v2/metrics show correct counts
- Project updates are no longer delayed when projects contain large files
- Status for hosts are properly counted in notification payloads
- SAML organization creation now properly assigns a default Galaxy credential
- SAML configuration now properly denotes required SAML contact fields
- Fixed a race condition in settings updates that previously lead to incorrect behavior
- Log messages are updated to be more clear when rsyslog is unresponsive
See Ansible Tower Release Notes v3.8.3 for a full list of new features and enhancements.
10.1.2. Automation Hub 4.2.3
Automation Hub allows you to discover and utilize new certified automation content from Red Hat Ansible and Certified Partners. On Ansible Automation Hub, you can discover and manage Ansible Collections which is supported automation content developed by both partners and Red Hat for use cases such as cloud automation, network automation, security automation, and more.
Automation Hub bug fixes
- Fix how travis checks for existence of Jira issues
- Fixed synclist curation creating 2 * N tasks, where N is number of synclists. Now synclist curation is executed in batches. Number of batches is configured in project settings. By default it is set to 200 synclists per task.
- Fix NamespaceLink creation and Validation on duplicated name.
- API returns 409 in case of existing group with same name.
- The namespaces api now performs a partial match on namespace name and namespace company name when using the 'keywords' query parameter.
- Fix KeyError lookup in namespace and collection viewset
- Fix error in error msg when importing invalid filenames
- Fix the galaxy-importer check for max size of docs files
- Only show synclist toggles to org admin. Non-org admins should get 403 response when viewing synclist endpoints.
- Users should not be able to delete themselves regardless of having 'delete-user' permissions.
- Prevent users with delete-user perms from deleting admin users
- Make token and password obfuscated on the API docs for /sync/config
- split proxy_url in 3 fields: username, password, address
- Fix groups endpoint viewable only by admin
- Expose pulp API in generated openapi spec.
- Replace current PULP_REDIS* env variables with PULP_REDIS_URL env variable to accommodate PULP_REDIS_SSL.