Chapter 3. February 2022 release
3.1. Ansible Automation Platform 2.1.1
Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform simplifies the development and operation of automation workloads for managing enterprise application infrastructure lifecycles. It works across multiple IT domains including operations, networking, security, and development, as well as across diverse hybrid environments. Simple to adopt, use, and understand, Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform provides the tools needed to rapidly implement enterprise-wide automation, no matter where you are in your automation journey.
Enhancements and bug fixes
- Added OCP 4.10 compatibility
- Added support for HTTP proxy when pushing execution environment images
- Added ability to configure nginx headers on Controller
- Changed the setup.log file to no longer be world readable
- Fixed an issue during controller deployment where the web-container will fail to start up, resulting in a failed installation
- Fixed a Server Error 500 that occurs after an Operator upgrade on OCP
3.2. Automation Hub 4.4.1
Automation Hub allows you to discover and utilize new certified automation content from Red Hat Ansible and Certified Partners. On Ansible Automation Hub, you can discover and manage Ansible Collections which is supported automation content developed by both partners and Red Hat for use cases such as cloud automation, network automation, security automation, and more.
Enhancements and bug fixes
- Added tasking system permissions so that users with the appropriate permissions can view and manage tasks
- Added name, namespace name, and registry requirements when add/editing an execution environment
- Fixed an error where certified collections will fail to install from a private hub
- Fixed a bug where the registry sync status will not display on the remote registries page
3.3. Automation controller 4.1.1
Automation controller replaces Ansible Tower. Automation controller introduces a distributed, modular architecture with a decoupled control and execution plane. The name change reflects these enhancements and the overall position within the Ansible Automation Platform suite.
Automation controller provides a standardized way to define, operate and delegate automation across the enterprise. It also introduces new, exciting technologies and an enhanced architecture that enables automation teams to scale and deliver automation rapidly to meet ever-growing business demand.
Enhancements and Bug fixes
- Added the ability to specify additional nginx headers
- Fixed analytics gathering to collect all the data the controller needed to collect
- Fixed the controller to no longer break subsequent installer runs when deleting the demo organization
See automation controller Release Notes for 4.x for a full list of new features and enhancements.