Chapter 2. Installation
This chapter guides you through the steps to install AMQ C++ in your environment.
To begin installation, use your subscription to access AMQ distribution files and repositories.
2.2. Installing on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
AMQ C++ is distributed as a set of RPM packages for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Follow these steps to install them.
subscription-managercommand to subscribe to the required package repositories.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
$ sudo subscription-manager repos --enable=amq-clients-2-for-rhel-6-server-rpms
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
$ sudo subscription-manager repos --enable=amq-clients-2-for-rhel-7-server-rpms
yumcommand to install the
$ sudo yum install qpid-proton-cpp-devel qpid-proton-cpp-docs
In order to compile programs using the API, you will also need to install
$ sudo yum install gcc-c++ cmake make
2.3. Installing on Microsoft Windows
AMQ C++ is distributed as an SDK zip archive for use with Visual Studio. Follow these steps to install it.
- Open a browser and log in to the Red Hat Customer Portal Product Downloads page at access.redhat.com/downloads.
- Locate the Red Hat AMQ Clients entry in the JBOSS INTEGRATION AND AUTOMATION category.
- Click Red Hat AMQ Clients. The Software Downloads page opens.
- Download the AMQ C++ Client Windows SDK zip file.
- Extract the file contents into a directory of your choosing by right-clicking on the zip file and selecting Extract All.