Chapter 2. Installation
This chapter guides you through the steps to install AMQ .NET in your environment.
To begin installation, use your subscription to access AMQ distribution files and repositories.
Building applications with AMQ .NET requires Visual Studio 2012 or later. Solution files built by Visual Studio 2012 and Visual Studio 2013 are supplied in the kit, and these files can be opened by any later version of Visual Studio.
2.2. Installing on Microsoft Windows
AMQ .NET is distributed as an SDK zip archive for use with Visual Studio. Follow these steps to install it.
- Open a browser and log in to the Red Hat Customer Portal Product Downloads page at access.redhat.com/downloads.
- Locate the Red Hat AMQ Clients entry in the JBOSS INTEGRATION AND AUTOMATION category.
- Click Red Hat AMQ Clients. The Software Downloads page opens.
- Download the AMQ .NET Client Windows SDK zip file.
- Extract the file contents into a directory by right-clicking on the zip file and selecting Extract All.
When you extract the contents of the zip file, a directory named
amqpnetlite is created. This is the top-level directory of the SDK and is referred to as
<install-dir> throughout this document.