Chapter 2. Installation
This chapter guides you through the steps to install AMQ C++ in your environment.
- You must have a subscription to access AMQ release files and repositories.
- To install packages on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, you must register your system.
To build programs using AMQ C++ on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, you must install the
- To build programs using AMQ C++ on Microsoft Windows, you must install Visual Studio.
2.2. Installing on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
subscription-managercommand to subscribe to the required package repositories. Replace
2for the main release stream or
2.9for the long term support release stream. If necessary, replace
<variant>with the value for your variant of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (for example,
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
$ sudo subscription-manager repos --enable=amq-clients-<version>-for-rhel-7-<variant>-rpms
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
$ sudo subscription-manager repos --enable=amq-clients-<version>-for-rhel-8-x86_64-rpms
yumcommand to install the
$ sudo yum install qpid-proton-cpp-devel qpid-proton-cpp-docs
For more information about using packages, see Appendix B, Using Red Hat Enterprise Linux packages.
2.3. Installing on Microsoft Windows
- Open a browser and log in to the Red Hat Customer Portal Product Downloads page at access.redhat.com/downloads.
- Locate the Red Hat AMQ Clients entry in the INTEGRATION AND AUTOMATION category.
- Click Red Hat AMQ Clients. The Software Downloads page opens.
- Download the AMQ Clients 2.10.0 C++ .zip file.
- Extract the file contents into a directory of your choosing by right-clicking on the zip file and selecting Extract All.
When you extract the contents of the .zip file, a directory named
amq-clients-2.10.0-cpp-win is created. This is the top-level directory of the installation and is referred to as
<install-dir> throughout this document.