Chapter 9. Using service discovery
Here you see the instructions about how to create or discover new services, and to update or refresh existing ones.
You have created
This section contains instructions to discover a new API service corresponding to an Open API Specification (OAS, also known as Swagger specification), if applicable; which is discovered from the cluster, for management with 3scale.
- Log in to 3scale Admin Portal.
- From the Admin Portal’s Dashboard, click New API.
- Choose Import from OpenShift.
- In the Namespace field, specify the OpenShift project.
- In the Name field, type the the name of an OpenShift service within that given namespace.
- Click Create Service.
Wait for the new API service to be asynchronously imported into 3scale. You will see a message in the upper right section of the Admin Portal:
The service will be imported shortly. You will receive a notification when it is done.
Updating the service
This section explains how to update (refresh) an existing API service in 3scale, which was previously imported/discovered from the cluster, with the current definitions for the service in the cluster.
- Log in to 3scale Administration Portal.
- Navigate to the Overview page of the API service.
- Click the Refresh link, next to Source: OpenSource.
- Wait for the new API service to be asynchronously imported into 3scale.