Chapter 8. About service discovery
Service Discovery allows adding APIs for management by recognizing the discoverable running services in the OpenShift cluster. It has the following features:
- It uses the cluster API to query for services properly annotated for discovery.
- It configures 3scale to hit the service using an internal endpoint inside the cluster.
- It imports Open API Specification (Swagger) up to version 2.0 as 3scale Active Docs.
- It allows you to update the API integration and the Open API Specification at any time (resynchronize with the cluster).
- It supports OpenShift and Red Hat SSO authorization flows.
- It works with Fuse from version 7.2.
- For on premise installations, the API provider may have its own namespace and services.
- With Fuse, services will be deployed to Fuse production namespace.