Release Notes for Red Hat 3scale API Management 2.10 On-premises
Document intended for use with Red Hat 3scale API Management 2.10
This document is intended for use with Red Hat 3scale API Management 2.10 On-premises.
Chapter 1. New features
1.1. Major features
- Support for zero downtime upgrades (JIRA #4722 and JIRA #4723).
- Additional operator enhancements: added monitoring resources for System & Zync components though Grafana and Prometheus (JIRA #4743 and JIRA #4744).
- Support for Oracle as an external database on OpenShift 4.x deployments (JIRA #2998).
- APIcast gateway adapted to support a validated cryptographic module with FIPS 140-2, exclusively for all operations relating to the decryption and encryption of SSL/TLS and HTTP/2 traffic (JIRA #5337).
- Possibility to configure the limits for request and response payload size (JIRA #5244).
- Support for PROXY protocol in IP Check Policy of APIcast (JIRA #5366).
- Enhancements in the user experience and user interface for a renewed Dashboard, and standalone pages for Products and Backends.
1.2. Minor features
- Automatic redirection of users to Single Sign-On if it is enforced for an account (JIRA #2795).
- Added GET endpoint to read the Active document in the Account Management API (JIRA #5826).
Improved performance of the
/admin/api/service.jsonendpoints, resulting in a faster retrieval of configurations when there is a large number of services (JIRA #4528).
- Monitoring resources to debug specific components (JIRA #4801).
- Added configuration of the storage space in the 3scale operator (JIRA #3652).
- Customizable resource requirements in the APIcast operator (JIRA #5964).
- Empty as a default value for the Caching policy (JIRA #1514).
- Extended features for the URL Rewriting with Captures policy (JIRA #6270).
- In the 3scale Admin Portal, Account Settings is now listed in the context switcher (JIRA #6241).
- After you finish the installation, you will get a link to the 3scale Master account portal in the OpenShift dashboard for your namespace (JIRA #5444).
Chapter 2. Technology Preview features
Chapter 3. Resolved issues
Changes made to the Stripe and Braintree payment gateway integrations:
- Ensure you have understood the implications for each one of these payment gateways before upgrading 3scale to 2.10. These implication are described in Changes in 3scale: Integrating 3scale with payment gateways.
Using billing and integrating with Stripe:
- Fixed issues preventing credit card charging when Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) is enforced (JIRA #6515).
- As a result of these fixes, the text for unsuccessfully charged email response has been updated (JIRA #6767).
Documentation with the steps to configure 3scale with Stripe will be available soon.
- UPDATE: For more information about integrating 3scale with Stripe, refer to Configuring Stripe as a credit card gateway.
Using billing and integrating with Braintree:
- 3scale 2.10 provides a solution that is compatible only with a Braintree account which has 3DS (3D Secure) version 2 enabled. For more details, see Known Issues: Integrating with Braintree.
- The autocomplete feature for OpenAPI Specification 3.0 is not operational in the Developer Portal (JIRA #6088).
- Adding custom policies to APIcast fails on OpenShift 4 (JIRA #5515).
- The position of a mapping rule defined in a YAML file is overlooked (JIRA #5747).
- A member can see and modify ActiveDocs even if this user type is restricted to access APIs (JIRA #952).
- The complete domain name of the API can be specified in the Private Base URL (JIRA #4752).
- Messages in Trash cannot be viewed or restored (JIRA #1503).
- The Search feature of mapping rules operates inaccurately (JIRA #5817).
- When importing an OAS 3.0.2 spec, the 3scale toolbox converts custom ports to the default protocol in the Backend definition (JIRA #6192).
3scale-operatorversion is wrong in the operator overview page (JIRA #5631).
apicast-services in the same OCP project results in APIcast errors (JIRA #6315).
Chapter 4. Known issues
Integrating with Braintree: If you upgrade to 3scale 2.10 integrated with a Braintree account without 3DS version 2, payment integration does not work. You have two alternatives:
- Integrate 3scale with a Braintree account having 3DS version 2 enabled.
- Consider not upgrading to 3scale 2.10, until we announce the availability of a solution for integrations with Braintree without 3DS.
- 3scale monitoring with Prometheus and Grafana performs inaccurately when showing values (JIRA #6446 and JIRA #6403).
- Sphinx searches return all the existing records if you search by the name of the class (JIRA #6405).
- Search does not work for newly created services and backends until these items are indexed the next day (JIRA #6205).
- System/Zync sometimes fails to create routes when deploying 3scale (JIRA #6391).
User names in 3scale must be 40 characters or fewer. When a user name has more than 40 characters, 3scale usually truncates it. Consider this when you do any of the following:
- Create a developer account.
- Create a provider account as the master.
- Add a user to a provider account as the provider or as the master.
- Add a user to a developer account in the Developer Portal or in the Admin Portal.
User names must be 40 characters or fewer when using Red Hat Single Sign-On to authenticate access to the Admin Portal or Developer Portal.
Chapter 5. Documentation
- Check the latest information about 3scale 2.10 supported configurations at the Red Hat 3scale API Management Supported Configurations website.
- Check the latest information about 3scale 2.10 security updates in the Red Hat Product Advisories portal.
- Advisory for RPMS: https://errata.engineering.redhat.com/advisory/59961
- Advisory for the Container Images: https://errata.engineering.redhat.com/advisory/59962
Chapter 6. Changes in 3scale
This section announces current and future changes for 3scale 2.10
6.1. Integrating 3scale with payment gateways
3scale 2.10 introduces changes in the Stripe and Braintree payment gateway integrations to support Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) regulations. If you are using one of these payment gateway integrations, ensure that you understand the following points before upgrading 3scale to 2.10:
Integration with Stripe: Documentation with the steps to configure 3scale with Stripe will be available soon. When the content is available, we will update this notice.
- Integration with Braintree: If you are integrating 3scale 2.10 with Braintree, ensure your Braintree account is enabled with 3DS version 2.
6.2. Deprecated features
- Support for APIcast deployments running as a container in RHEL7 and Docker is deprecated. In future releases we will only support RHEL8. In case of running APIcast self-managed as a container, the recommendation is to move to RHEL8 and Podman.
6.3. Removed features
- Support for Oracle 12c was replaced with Oracle 19c.
6.4. Future changes
- Currently, when Proxy Update is used, it creates a new APIcast configuration version for the Staging environment with the updated settings. This will not be the case in future releases; users will need to use the new Proxy Config Promote endpoint for this purpose.
- Support for Redis 3.2 will be removed in future versions.
Making open source more inclusive
Red Hat is committed to replacing problematic language in our code, documentation, and web properties. We are beginning with these four terms: master, slave, blacklist, and whitelist. Because of the enormity of this endeavor, these changes will be implemented gradually over several upcoming releases. For more details, see our CTO Chris Wright’s message.