3scale AMP 2.0 On-Premises Release Notes
For Use with 3scale 2.0 AMP On-Premises
3scale AMP 2.0 On-Premises brings the 3scale API Management Platform to on-premises deployments. You can deploy 3scale AMP and APIcast onto OpenShift through templates.
Deploy AMP anywhere you can run an OpenShift cluster.
OpenShift templates containing both AMP and APIcast gateways.
Connect AMP On-Premises deployments with APIcast deployments on:
- The same OpenShift cluster
- Other OpenShift clusters
- Native installations
Increase performance by scaling up the resources available to AMP.
Tech Preview Features
Wildcard Domain Router
Direct traffic through a wildcard domain. Click here for the installation guide, which contains documentation on the wildcard domain router.
Use Red Hat SSO and APIcast with OpenID Connect to authenticate API connectionss. Click here for upstream documentation.
While it’s possible to export developer accounts and applications it is not possible to import them when, for example, migrating to the latest 3scale version available.
Workaround: You could either use the Account Management API or back MySQL, store the backup somewhere else from the PV (so it does not get recycled), copy the backup to the PV and import the database. You will need to pass the credentials generated with the origin installation when importing the template to deploy a new instance. You can find them in the template searching for
- Caused by GitHub/https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/28962 Deployment script is unable to create persistent storage volumes. See how to solve this problem.
- Swagger validation is only possible when the installation is reachable from the Internet.
- Deploying 3scale on OpenShift Container Development Kit is not supported. For testing purposes, you can obtain a free account from the 3scale website.
- OAuth Authorization Code flow is fully configurable in the admin portal. Other OAuth flows currently require customizations in APIcast.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.