Chapter 13. OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat Offline Developer Virtual Machine Image
OpenShift Enterprise helps datacenters transform the relationships between developers and operations to allow a better continuous integration and delivery experience through a DevOps methodology. However, not all developers are connected to their datacenter at all times. For these developers, the OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat Offline Developer Virtual Machine Image provides a full version of OpenShift Enterprise on a laptop or spare server. The image is fully supported by Red Hat and allows developers to experience all of the features of OpenShift Enterprise. Using this image, a mobile developer can still be productive on the platform when they are disconnected from the datacenter.
13.1. Downloading the Image
The OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat Offline Developer Virtual Machine Image is available in
qcow2file formats on the Red Hat Customer Portal at https://access.redhat.com/. The image is accessible using a Red Hat account with an active OpenShift Enterprise subscription.
Download the image from the Red Hat Customer Portal using the following instructions:
Procedure 13.1. To Download the Image:
- Go to https://access.redhat.com/ and log into the Red Hat Customer Portal using your Red Hat account credentials.
- Go to the downloads page for the OpenShift Enterprise minor version you require:
These pages provide the latest available images within a minor version. Images for older releases within a minor version are also provided, if available.
- OpenShift Enterprise 2.2: https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/software/channel/downloads/Download.do?cid=23917
- OpenShift Enterprise 2.1: https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/software/channel/downloads/Download.do?cid=21355
- Click the download link for the image in your desired file format:
- OSEoD Virtual Machine (
- OSEoD OpenStack Virtual Machine (