Chapter 3. Adding user preferences
You can change the default preferences for your profile to meet your requirements. You can set your default project, topology view (graph/list), editing medium (form or YAML), and language preferences.
The changes made to the user preferences are automatically saved.
3.1. Setting user preferences
You can set the default user preferences for your cluster.
- Log in to the OpenShift Container Platform web console using your login credentials.
- Use the masthead to access the user preferences under the user profile.
In the General section:
- In the Perspective field, you can set the default perspective you want to be logged in to. You can select the Administrator or the Developer perspective as required. If a perspective is not selected, you are logged into the perspective you last visited.
- In the Project field, select a project you want to work in. The console will default to the project every time you log in.
- In the Topology field, you can set the topology view to default to the graph or list view. If not selected, the console defaults to the last view you used.
- In the Create/Edit resource method field, you can set a preference for creating or editing a resource. If both the form and YAML options are available, the console defaults to your selection.
- In the Language section, select Default browser language to use the default browser language settings. Otherwise, select the language that you want to use for the console.