Show Table of Contents
Chapter 4. Knative CLI (kn) for use with OpenShift Serverless
kn CLI enables simple interaction with Knative components on OpenShift Container Platform.
4.1. Key features
kn CLI is designed to make serverless computing tasks simple and concise. Key features of the
kn CLI include:
- Deploy serverless applications from the command line.
- Manage features of Knative Serving, such as services, revisions, and traffic-splitting.
- Create and manage Knative Eventing components, such as event sources and triggers.
- Create sink bindings to connect existing Kubernetes applications and Knative services.
knCLI with flexible plug-in architecture, similar to the
- Configure autoscaling parameters for Knative services.
- Scripted usage, such as waiting for the results of an operation, or deploying custom rollout and rollback strategies.