Chapter 4. Knative CLI (kn) for use with OpenShift Serverless
kn CLI enables simple interaction with Knative components on OpenShift Container Platform.
You can enable Knative on OpenShift Container Platform by installing OpenShift Serverless. For more information, see Getting started with OpenShift Serverless.
OpenShift Serverless cannot be installed using the
kn CLI. A cluster administrator must install the OpenShift Serverless Operator and set up the Knative components, as described in the Serverless applications documentation for OpenShift Container Platform.
4.1. Key features
kn CLI is designed to make serverless computing tasks simple and concise. Key features of the
kn CLI include:
- Deploy serverless applications from the command line.
- Manage features of Knative Serving, such as services, revisions, and traffic-splitting.
- Create and manage Knative Eventing components, such as event sources and triggers.
- Create sink bindings to connect existing Kubernetes applications and Knative services.
knCLI with flexible plug-in architecture, similar to the
- Configure autoscaling parameters for Knative services.
- Scripted usage, such as waiting for the results of an operation, or deploying custom rollout and rollback strategies.