Chapter 4. Knative CLI (kn) for use with OpenShift Serverless
kn enables simple interaction with Knative components on OpenShift Container Platform.
You can enable Knative on OpenShift Container Platform by installing OpenShift Serverless. For more information, see the documentation on Getting started with OpenShift Serverless.
OpenShift Serverless cannot be installed using the
kn CLI. A cluster administrator must install the OpenShift Serverless Operator and set up the Knative components, as described in the Serverless applications documentation for OpenShift Container Platform.
4.1. Key features
kn is designed to make serverless computing tasks simple and concise. Key features of
- Deploy serverless applications from the command line.
- Manage features of Knative Serving, such as services, revisions, and traffic-splitting.
Create and manage Knative Eventing components, such as event sources and triggers.Note
Knative Eventing is currently available as a Technology Preview feature of OpenShift Serverless.
- Create sink binding to connect existing Kubernetes applications and Knative services.
knwith flexible plugin architecture, similar to
- Configure autoscaling parameters for Knative services.
- Scripted usage, such as waiting for the results of an operation, or deploying custom rollout and rollback strategies.
For information about installing
kn for use with OpenShift Serverless, see the documentation on Installing the Knative CLI (