Chapter 4. Download the Product
4.1. Red Hat Customer Portal
4.2. Packages Available for Download
Table 4.1. Packages Available for Download
|JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform Package||The SOA Platform package is a complete JBoss application deployment environment. This single installation provides a complete environment for deploying SOA applications. It includes Seam, Hibernate, clustering, and transaction services.|
|JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform Standalone Edition Package||The SOA Standalone package provides a light-weight solution for deployments where only the core SOA functionality is needed. It does not support clustering.|
|JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform Source Code Package||The source code package contains the complete source code for the JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform product.|
|SOA Platform JavaDocs||The JavaDocs package contains the complete JavaDocs for the JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform's APIs.|
4.3. Differences Between Versions of the JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform
Table 4.2. Differences Between Versions of the JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform
|SOA Platform Package||SOA Standalone Package|
|Support for JBoss Enterprise Data Services Deployment||YES||NO|
4.5. Download Files From the Red Hat Customer Portal
Before you begin this task, you need a Customer Portal account. Browse to https://access.redhat.com and click the Register link in the upper right corner to create an account.
Procedure 4.1. Task:
- Browse to https://access.redhat.com and click the Log in link in the top right corner. Enter your credentials and click Log In.Result:
You are logged into RHN and you are returned to the main web page at https://access.redhat.com.
Navigate to the Downloads page.Use one of the following options to navigate to the Downloads page.
- Click the Downloads link in the top navigation bar.
- Navigate directly to https://access.redhat.com/downloads/.
Select the product and version to download.Use one of the following ways to choose the correct product and version to download.
- Step through the navigation one level at a time.
- Search for your product using the search area at the top right-hand side of the screen.
Download the appropriate file for your operating system and installation method of choice.Depending on the product you choose, you may have the choice of a Zip archive, RPM, or native installer for a specific operating system and architecture. Click either the file name or the Download link to the right of the file you want to download.
The file is downloaded to your computer.
4.6. Checksum Validation
4.7. Verify the Downloaded File
Procedure 4.2. Verify the Downloaded File
- To verify that a file downloaded from the Red Hat Customer Portal is error-free, whilst still on the portal site, go to that package's Software Details page. Here you will find
SHA256"checksum" values that you will use to check the integrity of the file.
- Open a terminal window and run either either the
sha256sumcommand, supplying the filename of the downloaded
ZIPas an argument. The program will output the checksum value for the file.
- Compare the checksum value returned by the command to the corresponding value displayed on the Software Details page for the file.
NoteMicrosoft Windows does not come equipped with a checksum tool. Users of that operating system will have to download a third-party product instead.
If the two checksum values are identical then the file has not been altered or corrupted and is, therefore, safe to use.