3.4. Important Notes About Quickstarts
- Each quickstart needs to be built and deployed using Apache Ant.
- Each quickstart uses the
samples/quickstarts/conf/quickstarts.propertiesfile to store environment-specific configuration options such as the directory where the server was installed. You must create a
quickstarts.propertiesfile that matches your server installation. An example properties file (
quickstarts.properties-example) is included.
- Each quickstart has different requirements. These are documented in their individual
- Not every quickstart can run under every server profile.
- The jBPM quickstarts require a valid jBPM Console user name and password. Supply these by adding them as properties in the
# jBPM console security credentials jbpm.console.username=admin jbpm.console.password=adminpasswordThe quickstarts that are affected by this requirement are
- You can only execute some of the quickstarts (such as groovy_gateway) if the server is not running in headless mode. (The JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform is configured to launch in headless mode by default.)
ImportantRed Hat recommends that you run production servers in headless mode only.