Show Table of Contents
1.8. JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform Features
- The JBoss Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- The ESB sends messages between services and transforms them so that they can be processed by different types of systems.
- Business Process Execution Language (BPEL)
- You can use web services to orchestrate business rules using this language. It is included with SOA for the simple execution of business process instructions.
- Java Universal Description, Discovery and Integration (jUDDI)
- This is the default service registry in SOA. It is where all the information pertaining to services on the ESB are stored.
- This transformation engine can be used in conjunction with SOA to process messages. It can also be used to split messages and send them to the correct destination.
- JBoss Rules
- This is the rules engine that is packaged with SOA. It can infer data from the messages it receives to determine which actions need to be performed.