Language and Page Formatting Options
Chapter 1. Introduction
The Business Process Management capabilities of JBoss BRMS 5.3 enable users to model business processes as flow charts that describe the steps necessary to achieve business goals.
Figure 1.1. Example Process
JBoss BRMS and the Business Process Management (BPM) engine can deploy as standalone installations running in JBoss Enterprise Application Server 5.1.2, or they can be deployed to an existing application server. A full list of certified and compatible configurations can be found at http://www.redhat.com/resourcelibrary/articles/jboss-enterprise-brms-supported-configurations.
For installation instructions, refer to the JBoss BRMS 5.3 Getting Started Guide.
The Business Process Management capabilities included with JBoss BRMS 5.3 are written in Java and implement the BPMN 2.0 specification (for full details see Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) 2.0 Specification).
The following tools are included to support business processes throughout their entire life cycle:
- A graphical editor embedded in the JBoss BRMS user interface to create and edit business processes
- A graphical editor plug-in for JBoss Developer studio to create and edit business processes
- A management console that provides process monitoring, Human Task management, and the ability to add reporting
- Integration with the JBoss BRMS repository for storing, versioning, and managing processes
- Integration with an external Human Tasks service