Chapter 2. Prepare for Migration
2.1. Prepare for Migration
Review What's New and Different in JBoss Enterprise Platform 6A number of things have changed in this release that may impact deployment of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5 applications. These include changes to the file directory structure, scripts, deployment configuration, class loading and JNDI lookups. See Section 2.2, “Review What's New and Different in JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6” for details.
Review the Get Started documentationBe sure to review the Get Started Developing Applications chapter of the Development Guide for JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6. It contains important information about the following:
- Java EE 6
- The new modular class loading system
- File structure changes
- How to download and install JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6
- How to download and install JBoss Developer Studio
- How to configure Maven for your development environment
- How to download and run the quickstart example applications that ship with the product.
Analyze and Understand your ApplicationEach application is unique and you must thoroughly understand the components and architecture of the existing application before you attempt the migration.