Chapter 5. Upgrading JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6
5.1. Upgrade the JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 ZIP Installation
Upgrading to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.0.1 requires some initial work to back up the existing 6.0.0 installation. This topic covers upgrading the ZIP installation.
- Ensure that the base operating system is up to date.
- Determine which files have been modified since EAP 6.0.0 was installed.
- Back up any modified configuration files, deployments, and all user data.
Procedure 5.1. Upgrade to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.0.1
- Move the 6.0.1 ZIP archive to the desired location. It is recommended that this is a different location to the JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.0.0 installation.
ImportantIf you wish to install JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.0.1 to the same directory location as 6.0.0, you will need to move the existing installation to a different location before proceeding. This is to prevent modified configuration files, deployments, and upgrades from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 from being lost.
- Unzip the archive. This step installs a clean instance of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.0.1.
- Copy the
EAP_HOME/standalone/directories from the 6.0.0 installation over the 6.0.1 directories.
- Review the changes made to the
bindirectory of the 6.0.0 installation, and make the equivalent modifications to the 6.0.1 directory.
WarningFiles in the 6.0.1
bindirectory should not be overwritten by the 6.0.0 files. Changes should be made manually.
- Review the remaining modified files from the 6.0.0 installation, and move these changes into the 6.0.1 installation. These files may include:
- Custom modules in the
- Custom bundles in the
The JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 ZIP installation has been successfully upgraded to the 6.0.1 release.