Language and Page Formatting Options
6.3. Non-XA Datasources
6.3.1. Create a Non-XA Datasource with the Management Interfaces
This topic covers the steps required to create a non-XA datasource, using either the Management Console or the Management CLI.
- The JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 server must be running.
Procedure 6.4. Task
- Launch the CLI tool and connect to your server.
- Run the following command to create a non-XA datasource, configuring the variables as appropriate:
data-source add --name=DATASOURCE_NAME --jndi-name=JNDI_NAME --driver-name=DRIVER_NAME --connection-url=CONNECTION_URL
- Enable the datasource:
data-source enable --name=DATASOURCE_NAME
- Login to the Management Console.
Navigate to the Datasources panel in the Management Console
Standalone ModeSelect the Profile tab from the top-right of the console.
- Select the Profiles tab from the top-right of the console.
- Select the appropriate profile from the drop-down box in the top left.
- Expand the Subsystems menu on the left of the console.
- Select Connector → Datasources from the menu on the left of the console.
Figure 6.1. Datasources panel
Create a new datasource
- Select the Add button at the top of the Datasources panel.
- Enter the new datasource attributes in the Create Datasource wizard and proceed with the Next button.
- Enter the JDBC driver details in the Create Datasource wizard and proceed with the Next button.
- Enter the connection settings in the Create Datasource wizard and select the Done button.
The non-XA datasource has been added to the server. It is now visible in either the
domain.xml file, as well as the management interfaces.