Show Table of Contents
10.2.10.1. About Interceptors
Interceptors are defined as part of the Enterprise JavaBeans specification, which can be found at http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr318/. Interceptors allow you to add functionality to the business methods of a bean without modifying the bean's method directly. The interceptor is executed before any of the business methods of the bean.
CDI enhances this functionality by allowing you to use annotations to bind interceptors to beans.
- business method interception
- A business method interceptor applies to invocations of methods of the bean by clients of the bean.
- lifecycle callback interception
- A lifecycle callback interceptor applies to invocations of lifecycle callbacks by the container.
- timeout method interception
- A timeout method interceptor applies to invocations of the EJB timeout methods by the container.