3.6.9. Shut the Application Server down using the Management CLI
Procedure 3.17. Shut down the Application Server
- From the Management CLI, use the
shutdownoperation to shut the server down via the
System.exit(0)system call. For more details on operation requests, refer to the topic Section 3.5.8, “Use Operations and Commands in the Management CLI”.
- In the standalone mode, use the following command:
- In the domain mode, use the following command with the appropriate host name:
- To connect to a detached CLI instance and shut down the server, execute the following command:
jboss-cli.sh --connect command=:shutdown
- To connect to a remote CLI instance and shut down the server, execute the following command:
[disconnected /] connect IP_ADDRESS Connected to IP_ADDRESS:PORT_NUMBER [192.168.1.10:9999 /] :shutdownReplace IP_ADDRESS with the IP address of your instance.
The application server is shut down. The Management CLI will be disconnected as the runtime is unavailable.