24.3. Deploy a Resource Adapter
Resource adapters can be deployed to JBoss EAP 6 using the Management CLI tool, the Web-based Management Console, or by manually copying the files. The process is the same as other deployable artifacts.
Procedure 24.2. Deploy a resource adapter using the Management CLI
- Open a command prompt for your operating system.
- Connect to the Management CLI.
- For Linux, enter the following at the command line:
$ EAP_HOME/bin/jboss-cli.sh --connect $ Connected to standalone controller at localhost:9999
- For Windows, enter the following at a command line:
C:\>EAP_HOME\bin\jboss-cli.bat --connect C:\> Connected to standalone controller at localhost:9999
- Deploy the resource adapter.
- To deploy the resource adapter to a standalone server, enter the following at a command line:
$ deploy path/to/resource-adapter-name.rar
- To deploy the resource adapter to all server groups in a managed domain, enter the following at a command line:
$ deploy path/to/resource-adapter-name.rar --all-server-groups
Procedure 24.3. Deploy a resource adapter using the Management Console
- Login to the Management Console. See Section 3.4.2, “Log in to the Management Console”.
- Click on the Runtime tab at the top of the screen. Select Manage Deployments.Click Add.
- Browse to the resource adapter archive and select it. Then click Next.
- Verify the deployment names, then click Save.
- The resource adapter archive should now appear in the list in a disabled state.
- Enable the resource adapter.
- In Domain mode, click Assign. Select which Server Groups to assign the resource adapter to. Click Save to finish.
- In Standalone mode, select the Application Component from the list. Click En/Disable. Click Confirm on the Are You Sure? dialog to enable the component.
Procedure 24.4. Deploy a resource adapter manually
- Copy the resource adapter archive to the server deployments directory,
- For a standalone server, copy the resource adapter archive to the
- For a managed domain, you must use the Management Console or Management CLI to deploy the resource adapter archive to the server groups.